Tung Oil (wood oil) is superior hard oil to care and protect unfinished and bare woods
• 100% natural, environmentally friendly and ideal for use on food contact objects
• Nourishes, harden and waterproofs allowing to breathe, protect from mold and fungi
• Does not significantly change the original color of the wood and will not darken with time
• Adds depth to woodgrain, producing beautiful antique-style finish
• Mix 50:50 of Tung Oil with boiled linseed results in a satin-gloss finish
• Drying oil, polymerizes (hardens) by auto-oxidation upon exposure to air
• Added as hardener, "improver" and Bio drier for linseed oil, teak oil etc.
• Color can be changed by adding Art & Restoration pigments and other colorants
• Durable hard and flexible finishing, applicable for indoor and outdoor
• Protects wood from corrosion caused by water; used for centuries as waterproof finish for boats and other wooden objects, suitable for permanent contact with freshwater and seawater
• Perfect for waterproofing stone, concrete and cement
• Cures faster in warm environments
Pure tung oil is thick, high solid content dark amber-yellow oil with a characteristic mild odor; it can be applied pure or diluted; we recommend diluting at least the first and second coats, thinner will make the tung oil easier to apply, faster to dry, and will improve penetration; it depends on the density of the wood, we suggest to thin the oil at 70%, 50% or 30%. E.g. at 50% = 500gr of pure tung oil + 500gr(625ml) of white spirit, non-toxic turpentine and limonene
Caution in applying: direct sunlight can cause spontaneous polymerization and an "frost" effect
Tung oil is effective sealing waterproofing agent for paper, fabric (oil-cloth), stone and plasters.
It is a Bio replacement for polyurethanes and other potentially dangerous sealants / varnishes.
Easy application and maintenance for all indoor and outdoor projects
Yield (diluted) 1L = 15M2 From 2 to 6 coats Polymerization = 4 days Cure = 15 days