Tung oil (wood oil) is superior hard oil to care and protect unfinished and bare woods
• 100% natural, environmentally friendly and ideal for use on food contact objects
• Matt finish resistant to heat, water, alcohol, acids and alkalis
• Nourishes, harden and waterproofs allowing to breathe, protect from mold and fungi
• Do not significantly change the original color of the wood and will not darken
• Durable hard and flexible finishing, applicable for indoor and outdoor
• Protects wood from corrosion caused by water; used for centuries as waterproof finish for boats and other wooden objects, suitable for permanent contact with freshwater and seawater
• Perfect for waterproofing stone, concrete and cement
• Drying oil, polymerizes (hardens) by auto-oxidation upon exposure to air
• Added as hardener, "improver" and Bio drier for Linceed Oil, Teak Oil etc.
• Cures faster in warm environments
Pure tung oil is thick, high solid content dark amber-yellow oil with a characteristic mild odor; it can be applied pure or diluted; we recommend diluting at least the first and second coats, thinner will make the tung oil easier to apply, faster to dry, and will improve penetration; it depends on the density of the wood, we suggest to thin the oil at 70%, 50% or 30%. E.g. at 50% = 500gr of pure tung oil + 500gr(625ml) of white spirit, non-toxic turpentine and limonene
Caution in applying: direct sunlight can cause spontaneous polymerization and an "frost" effect
Tung oil is effective sealing waterproofing agent for paper, fabric (oil-cloth), stone and plasters.
It is a Bio replacement for polyurethanes and other potentially dangerous sealants / varnishes.
Easy application and maintenance for all indoor and outdoor projects
Approximated yield 1L = 15M2 From 2 to 6 coats Polymerization = 4 days Cure = 15 days
|Pure Tung Oil 0,5L||500ml||
Product data sheet
|Pure Tung Oil 5L||5L||119.90 € *||
|Pure Tung Oil 25L||25L||459.00 € *||
VAT included, shipping info